Monday, February 14, 2011

Festival of Trees

Sabrina and I decided to go to the Festival of Trees this year.  Not sure of exactly what it entailed, we left our children at home and had a lovely night out together.  It was amazing!  Each tree is decorated by theme and auctioned off; money earned goes to Primary Children's Hospital here in Salt Lake City.  There were hundreds of trees, gingerbread houses, quilts, and handmade goods.  Utah people really are talented in the craft department.




This one was dedicated to a tiny little premie baby that lived only 3 weeks.  Terribly sad and yet what an amazing tribute to such a wonderful life.


This creche I LOVE!  It is entirely made of rock and yet so beautiful!

Gingerbread:  Christmas on the Bayou

This was a huge set-up of a candy carnival.  Impressive!

A tree of tires reminded me so much of my Dad I just had to take a pic.

This is a representation of James and I as well as the biggest rivalry in Utah:                         BYU vs University of Utah


Another of my favorites.  This is a Barbie Christmas ball and it was so cool to see them all dressed up, riding in on sleighs with twinkley lights and disco balls.  So fun!



To the left of the ball was a Barbie house all set up with furniture and accessories galore.  They even had Skipper babysitting the toddlers.  Great idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment