Monday, November 1, 2010

The Grand Canyon


Next stop:  The Grand Canyon!  Though James is a world traveler he has never been to the Grand Canyon so we wanted to take this opportunity.  Instead of traveling an extra 3-4 hours to the popular south rim we journeyed to the north rim and
                                               had a wonderful time!                                                                       

Here are my beauties in Arizona.





Stunning views!

Some of the trails were terrifying.  Not for me, but James was constantly worried the kids would hurl themselves over the edge to their deaths.  They were a little too rowdy even for my taste, particularly considering there were no rails on this hike path.


Playing around with odd shapes I found in my camera lense.

There were a few cool almost caves on our path.  Luckily it was too shallow for them to actually hide from me. 

My girls.  I love how they are friends.
Esther has turned into such a ham!  Well, I shouldn't say "turned" she always was.


Here is Esther's dolphin peak.  We studied it for a while to see what James was pointing out but she finally got it.  See the tail fin and the snout?

This walkway actually had a rail so that we could walk out on the rock outcropping.  So cool!!

Here is a better idea of what that outcropping looked like.  It also gives an idea of how terrifying it was to have the kids walk without the rail on some of the other trails.

One of my favorite pictures from our trip.  The canyon was gorgeous!

Ducklings following their daddy.

When we finished sightseeing we joined with the park ranger for a talk on the American Condor.  It was actually very interesting.  William helped with the props.

William has no fear of crowds.  He thrives on it and had a great time with the condor.

View from the lodge terrace just before sunset.  It truly was an amazing sight.

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! I would love to go to the grand canyon again. I know my kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete